Contact InfoDepartment of Information Engineering
and Computer Science (DISI)
University of Trento
via Sommarive 14, I-38050 Povo (TN), Italy
Scientific events I am currently involved in
- 9th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN 2012), Trento (Italy) February 15-17, 2012. Program co-chair (with W. Heinzelman) and General Chair.
Some of my recent papers (check also the full list)
- Usman Raza, Alessandro Camerra, Amy L. Murphy, Themis Palpanas, Gian Pietro Picco. "What Does Model-driven Data Acquisition Really Achieve in Wireless Sensor Networks?". In Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2012), Lugano (Switzerland), March 19-23, 2012.This paper received the Mark Weiser Best Paper Award.
- Luca Mottola and Gian Pietro Picco. "Middleware for Wireless Sensor Networks: An Outlook". To appear in Journal of Internet Services and Application. Invited paper for the Future of Middleware (FOME) workshop at Middleware 2011.
- Giuliano Mega, Alberto Montresor, Gian Pietro Picco. "Efficient Dissemination in Decentralized Social Networks". To appear in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing (P2P 2011), Kyoto (Japan), August 31-September 2, 2011.
- Matteo Ceriotti, Michele Corrà, Leandro D'Orazio, Roberto Doriguzzi, Daniele Facchin, Stefan Guna, Gian Paolo Jesi, Renato Lo Cigno, Luca Mottola, Amy L. Murphy, Massimo Pescalli, Gian Pietro Picco, Denis Pregnolato, Carloalberto Torghele. "Is There Light at the Ends of the Tunnel? Wireless Sensor Networks for Adaptive Lighting in Road Tunnels". To appear in the Proceedings of the 10th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN 2011, SPOTS track), Chicago (IL, USA), April 12-14, 2011, pp. 187-198. This paper received the Best Paper Award.
- Luca Mottola and Gian Pietro Picco. "Muster: Adaptive Energy-Aware Multi-Sink Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks". To appear in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC).
- Luca Mottola and Gian Pietro Picco. "Programming Wireless Sensor Networks: Fundamental Concepts and State-of-the-Art". ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 43, no. 3, April 2011.
- Luca Mottola, Gian Pietro Picco, Matteo Ceriotti, Stefan Guna, Amy L. Murphy. "Not all Wireless Sensor Networks are Created Equal: A Comparative Study on Tunnels". ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN), vol. 7, no. 2, August 2010. The connectivity traces are also available.
- Matteo Ceriotti, Luca Mottola, Gian Pietro Picco, Amy L. Murphy, Stefan Guna, Michele Corrà, Matteo Pozzi, Daniele Zonta, and Paolo Zanon. "Monitoring Heritage Buildings with Wireless Sensor Networks: The Torre Aquila Deployment". In Proceedings of the 8th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN 2009, SPOTS track), San Francisco (CA, USA), April 13-16, 2009, pp. 277-288. This paper received the Best Paper Award.
- Paolo Costa, Cecilia Mascolo, Mirco Musolesi, and Gian Pietro Picco. "Socially-aware Routing for Publish-Subscribe in Delay-tolerant Mobile Ad Hoc Networks". IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communication (JSAC), vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 748-760, June 2008.
- Amy L. Murphy, Gian Pietro Picco, and Gruia-Catalin Roman. "Lime: A Coordination Middleware Supporting Mobility of Hosts and Agents" ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM), vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 279-328, July 2006.