Invited Talks & Keynotes
- "Software Engineering and Wireless Sensor Networks: Happy Marriage
or Consensual Divorce?" Keynote at the 1st International Workshop
on Software Engineering for Sensor Networks Applications (SESENA),
co-located with the 32nd International Conference on Software
Engineering (ICSE), Cape Town (South Africa), May 2, 2010.
The keynote was inspiration for a later position paper.
- "Coordination Abstractions
for Modern Distributed Systems" at the Workshop
dagli Oggetti agli Agenti (WOA2002),
Milano, November 18, 2002.
- "On Global Virtual Data Structures" at the Mini-workshop on Internet Process Coordination and Ubiquitous Computing, University of Central Florida, Orlando (FL, USA), December 14, 2001.
- "Mobile Agents: State of the Art and Research Opportunities" at the 5th Workshop on Cooperative Information Agents (CIA), Modena, September 6, 2001.
about Mobile Agents and Software Engineering" at the AgentLink II General
Meeting---Joint session of the Special Interest Groups on Methodologies
and Software Engineering for Agent Systems (MSEAS) and Intelligent and
Mobile Agents for Telecommunications and the Internet (SIGMA),
Prague (Czech Republic), July 3, 2001.
Talk slides (PDF, ~1.2M)
- "Models for Scalable and Fault Tolerant Mobile Agents" at the 3rd Dartmouth Workshop on Transportable Agents (DWTA'99), co-located with the 1st International Symposium on Agent Systems and Applications held jointly with the 3rd International Symposium on Mobile Agents (ASA/MA'99), Palm Springs (CA, USA), October 6, 1999.
- "Mobilità di codice: stato dell'arte e opportunità" at the 5th Workshop on Sistemi Distribuiti: Algoritmi, Architetture, Linguaggi, L'Aquila, Italy, September 13, 1999.
- "A Research Agenda for Code Mobility" at the Workshop on Mobile Agents in the Context of Communication, Cooperation, and Collaboration (MAC3), co-located with the 3rd International Conference on Autonomous Agents (Agents'99), Seattle (WA, USA), May 20, 1999.
- Member of the panel "Lessons learned from middleware. What's next?" at the 8th ACM/IFIP/USENIX International Middleware Conference (Middleware 2007), Newport Beach (CA, USA), November 29, 2007.
- Roundtable speaker at the 4th Dartmouth Workshop on Transportable Agents (DWTA'00), co-located with the 2nd International Symposium on Agent Systems and Applications held jointly
with the 4th International Symposium on Mobile Agents (ASA/MA'00),
Zurich (Switzerland), September 15, 2000. The conversation has been
transcripted into the paper "Future
Directions of Mobile Agent Research",
appeared on Distributed Systems Online.
- MiNEMA Winter School 2009, March 23-26, 2009, Göteborg (Sweden)
- 5th International School on Formal Methods for the Design of Computer, Communication, and Software Systems: Mobile Computing (SFM-05:Moby), organized by M. Bernardo e A. Bogliolo, April 26-30, 2005 in Bertinoro (Italy).
School in Mobile Computing,
organized by the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa on September 1-27,
2003, and coordinated by G. Levi.
Along with Luca Mottola, we presented the tutorial "Programming Wireless Sensor Networks: From Theory to Practice" at the following conferences:
- 9th ACM/IFIP/USENIX International Middleware Conference (Middleware 2008), Leuven (Belgium), December 2, 2008.
- 6th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN 2009), Cork (Ireland), February 11-13, 2009.
I presented the tutorial "Understanding Code Mobility", containing part of my work on mobile code and mobile agents, at the following conferences:
- 22th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE2000), Limerick, Ireland, 6 June 2000. (The conference proceedings contain the tutorial abstract).
- 4th International Conference on Autonomous Agents (Agents2000), Barcelona, Spain, June 2000.
- 1st International Symposium on Agent Systems and Applications and 3rd International Symposium on Mobile Agents (ASA/MA'99), Palm Springs, CA, USA, October 1999.
- Joint 7th European Software Engineering Conference (ESEC) and 7th SIGSOFT International Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE-7), Toulouse, France, September 1999.
- 3rd International Conference on Autonomous Agents (Agents'99) (with Giovanni Vigna), Seattle, WA, USA, May 1999.
- 13th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP'99), Lisbon, Portugal, June 1999.
- 12th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP'98), Brussels, Belgium, July 1998.