The followling are my favourite projects (both R&D and commercial) that I have participated so far. For each of them, I briefly talk about project summary (or objectives) as well as my roles.
Software-based systems are becoming increasingly long-living. This was demonstrated strikingly with the occurrence of the year 2000 bug, which occurred because software had been in use for far longer than its expected lifespan. At the same time, software-based systems are getting increasingly security-critical since software now pervades the whole critical infrastructures dealing with critical data of both nations and also private individuals. There is therefore a growing demand for more assurance and more verified security properties of IT systems both during development and at deployment time, in particular also for long living systems. Yet a long lived system also needs to be flexible, to adapt to changes and adjust to evolving requirements, usage and attack models. However, using today's system engineering techniques we are forced to trade flexibility for assurance or vice versa. more
Objectives of SERENITY
To enhance security and dependability in AMI systems, SERENITY will pursue the following objectives :
- To make validated security solutions available to AmI ecosystems and promote their assurance and evolution.
- To support the definition of security requirements which arise in different business, private and legal activities in order to enable a requirements-driven selection of appropriate security mechanisms within integration schemes at run-time.
- To provide mechanisms for monitoring security at run-time and dynamically react to threats or breaches of security, and context changes.
- To integrate security solutions, requirements definition and solution selection, and monitoring and reaction mechanisms in a common framework.
For more infomation, please visit the official website of SERENITY project.
My responsibilities is to design and implement the final demo prototype for the SMART-HOME case study. Here is the presentation video for the demo.
Bach Khoa Information System (BKIS) is a management information system for universities. The main objective of BKIS is to construct a framework for the information system of universities that support SOA-based workflow automation and legacy system integration. The ultimate purpose of this project is to integrate existing legacy systems and prospective ones, and to control the collaboration between departments through business processes. This kind of system, to my best knowledge, has not been deployed in any university. more
- ATROSIM - A Tool Supporting Visual Simulation of TCP/IP Routing protocol.
Here is list of my selected commercial projects when I have done in my former company. The complete list of them can be found in my former website.
- Television Advertising Management System (version 2) (2007)
An information management system for Television Service Center of The Television of Ho Chi Minh City (in collaboration with T&H Co., Ltd) (a Luna-based application).My activities: gather and analyze user requirements, design the database and develop the major code.Technique: Power Designer, SQL 2000, VB.NET, CodeSmith, LunaLib 2.1
- LunaLib 2.1: a windows-form development framework (2007)
A .NET library that improves productivity of VbNetLib. This project aims at supporting windows-form database application generator. This library dramatically reduces development time up to 80%. Please find here for major features.My activities: design library architecture, and program.Technique: VB.NET, UML
- SGTT: Market Survey Information Management System (2004)
A information management system that supports designing questionare sheet (for market survey), inputing and analyzing data for SaiGonTiepThi newspaper.My activities: gather and analyze user requirements, design the database and develop the major codeTecnique: Power Designer, SQL 2000, OLAP, VB.NET, VbNetLib
- VbNetLib (2004)
A library and development framework to reduce coding phase while improving system performance and robustness for TnH Co., Ltd.My activities: design library architecture, and program.
- Administrative Application Management System(2003)
A process-awareness information system for Department of Trade of Ho Chi Minh City.My activities: gather and analyze user requirements, design the database and develop code.Technique: Power Designer, SQL 2000, VB6
- Television Advertising Management System (version 1) (2003)
An information management system for Television Service Center of The Television of Ho Chi Minh City.My activities: gather and analyze user requirements, design the database and develop code.Technique: Power Designer, SQL 2000, VB6