From January 1st, 2002, DISI has been publishing its own collection of Technical Reports.
Technical reports are collected in Eprints.
The University of Trento has also up to date list of bibliography entries of the papers published
by its members.
Published papers are collected in U-GOV.
You can select a year from the list below to browse the repository or use Advanced Search.
You can select a publication category from the list below to browse the repository or use Advanced Search.
- Article Translation
- Book Translation
- Book as Author
- Book as Editor
- Book or Article Review
- Essay Translation
- Journal Article
- Note of case in Journal
- Project Report
Why should I make a paper into a DISI tecrep?
There are two main reasons for this:
- Because it increases your visibility - DISI techreports are indexed by Google. Also, it increases accessibility of your research - people do not need to pay to publishers to have a look at your work. In the long term, more people are able to find your work and you get more citations.
- Because it allows you to make your research available even in case the publisher (e.g., Idea Group Publishing) does not permit putting the material on your homepage. In this case, you can make a technical report from the pre-refereeing preprint without any problems. More on this in .
When should I make a tecrep?
Ideally, some time before submitting a paper to a workshop/conference/journal. Practically - within a week after submission. It is important to do so before you receive reviews.
What should I do when a tecrep is accepted to a conference/journal?
You should check if the copyright policy allows you to put your paper online. If yes, then you should update your technical report. You can check copyright policies of journals at .
What if I change the contents of the techrep a lot? What should I do?
There are two options. If you consider the modifications important, you can ask to ePrints manager to substitute it or you can create a new version of it by writing that this is a new version of TechRep xy. If the modifications are minor, you do leave things as they are.
Should I make my Phd Thesis into a tecrep?
Yes! Please also see .
Are there other ways to make my papers indexed by Google?
Yes, you can put them on your homepage (contrary to common opinion that it is forbidden, it is actually allowed by most of the publishers - see  for the list.
How do I make a technical report at DISI?
- Go to IS system (http://is.disi.unitn.it), login with your UniTN credentials and select "Technical report" tab. Click "Send request" button and you will get the first available TechRep number.
- Prepare a technical report, adding several pages in the beginning of your document (note, you do not need to reformat the original document, just add several pages). There are Word and LaTeX templates (.zip and .tar.gz).
- Upload the report to ePrints. Everyone can simply register and submit.
- Wait a couple of days for the technical report to appear online.