Emergency phone numbers
- Fire department 115
- First aid assistance 118
- Police 113
- Carabinieri 112
In case of emergency
In case you, or someone else, notice an emergency situation (smoke, gas leaks, etc.):
- notify the reception immediately or a fire attendant in the building; if impossible call 115 (or 118 if there are injured people) and activate the manual alarm; afterwards try to contact the reception and/or one of the fire attendants;
- warn and move away anyone near the premises; do not use extinguishers or hydrants if your are not trained.
Information given to the reception, the emergency attendants, to the outside rescuers must be SYNTHETIC AND COMPLETE:
- WHO: your name and phone number where you can be recalled
- WHERE: the site where the emergency is taking place (address, building, floor, etc.)
- WHAT: the kind of emergency going on (fire, smoke, gas leak, flood, etc.)
- HOW: extent of the emergency, number of injured people, trapped or disble present at the scene
If you are on the phone with an emergency attendant , answer all questions and do not interrupt the call until requested.
In case of earthquake
- Stay away from window, shlves, or anything that might fall
- go nearby concrete structures, beams, doorways, or take cover under tables, etc.
- do not use elevators
Once the event is over:
- turn off any in-use equipment
- extinguish any open fire and cigarettes
- clear the building
- notify critical situations to the emergency squad
In case of building evacuation
The order to evacuate is given by loudspeaker.
In any case if the alarm-bell rings for more than 3 minutes, it is necessary to leave the building.
Please keep cool!
Reach the nearest exit, check if it is clear (no smoke, etc.). If the way is clear:
- close windows and doors, turn off electric equipment if there is no danger
- close the door behind you making sure no one else is inside
- help disable people and occasional visitors during the evacuation
- move away in an orderly manner, without running, following the directions reported on the emergency-signs or follow the instructions of the emergency team
- do not use elevators
- do not scream, shove people, or create panic situations
- tell the emergency team about possible problems (wounded, blocked people, etc.)
- if there is smoke walk on all fours, breath slowly using a handkerchief in front of your mouth, possibly wet
- do not ever go back, only if the escape route is blocked
- once outside go to the nearest meeting point
- do not go away by car, do not jam the roads where emergency vehicles might be manoeuvring
- do not go back in the building until the emergency team says so
If the escape route is blocked:
- close yourself inside a room with windows; seal the door with wet cloth and signal your presence via phone or at the window.
Do not take autonomous actions